Nuffnang

Photo

Photo

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Cafe hopping + meetup

Last weekend had been really fruitful for me! Managed to get some rest and also some nice food with boyfriend, as well as some of my friends. Went around bugis to find a nice café to settle in, but we only managed to visit one, out of the 7 that we have walked pass. So the lucky one that we visited was Symmetry. Seen so much of it on instagram, and I finally got the chance to step foot into it. But then, I would personally prefer Arbite to Symmetry; it was a pity that Arbite was closed before dinner.

After walking for a distance, we finally reached Symmetry. It is more of a café bar concept. Choice of food is rather limited, and is also quite pricy. We ordered the waffles topped with ice cream to share. When it came, we thought it wasn’t worth the money, as it looks quite simple. But after tasting it, it was actually quite nice except for the steep price. It costs $16 before GST, so it would be about $18? Headed down to Bedok 85 for dinner right after. The last time that I have been there was actually during last year’s Insinyur camp, almost a year.


Saturday is a must go out weekend for me. Since I don’t get to go anywhere during weekdays because of internship. So I take every Saturday as a time for me to dress up and hit the town. So even if I am sick, I still want to go out and have some fun, instead of staying at home. As usual, woke up for breakfast and headed out to town with boyfriend after lunch. Boyfriend was really accommodating, because I had always been waiting to wear my new clothes out, so he followed me to everywhere that I want to go. Every Saturday is also our la kopi day, be it cafes or coffee shop, it is a must do for us! So last Saturday, we decided to head down to Lavender to explore the cafes there. In the end, we finally went to Chye Seng Huat for coffee. But then, it was quite disappointing for us. There were so many people and the space was limited. We didn’t manage to get an indoor seat and ended up sitting outside despite having walked a long distance under the hot sun. The coffee choices were also quite limited, and though we were hungry but we did not order any food. L



Headed to town after we are done with our coffee. Ever since internship started, every weekend has become our feasting time. Kind of good and bad. The amount of food and the type of food we eat are really too much. So I guess, I got to start controlling myself during weekdays and to be deserved to indulge during weekends.

Met up with the Happy Cape clique on Sunday to The Marshmallow Tree that Wilson introduced us! It had also been so long since I last saw all of them! Really miss the time that we spent together in Taiwan! Before heading there, I was still worried that the place would be too packed to house 6 of us. To my surprise, it was quite empty and we managed to get ourselves a table. The café is located in a neighborhood under a HDB at Telok Blangah and probably everyone is out to shop, that’s why it was quite empty when we were there. Like the concept of the café, small and cozy. And service provided was also really good. I ordered Vanilla latte and when it came, I was served Vanilla steam milk, I was a little disappointed. But the staff was really kind enough to replace my drinks without topping up extra for it! I was really pleased with their service and perhaps because I managed to get my coffee fixed! Had waffles with ice cream again! Recently I have been quite into it that I had it for almost 3 times! Thereafter, we headed to Pasir Panjang Hawker for dinner. Too much food in a day – over indulgent. 








No comments:

Post a Comment